Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting Program
How to Participate
To participate in the Hospital OQR Program initiative, please visit qualitynet.org.
How to Withdraw
To withdraw from participation in the Hospital OQR Program initiative, please visit qualitynet.org.
The current measure sets and OP measure numbers are presented below, according to measure set (they are not in order according to measure number).
- Acute Myocardial Infarction / Chest Pain
- OP-1: Median Time to Fibrinolysis
- OP-2: Fibrinolytic Therapy Received Within 30 Minutes
- OP-3: Median Time to Transfer to Another Facility for Acute Coronary Intervention
- OP-4: Aspirin at Arrival
- OP-5: Median Time to ECG
- ED - Throughput
- OP-18: Median Time from ED Arrival to ED Departure for Discharged ED Patients
- OP-19: Transition Record with Specified Elements Received by Discharged Patients *
- OP-20: Door to Diagnostic Evaluation by a Qualified Medical Professional
- OP-22: Left Without Being Seen **
- Pain Management
- OP-21: ED-Median Time to Pain Management for Long Bone Fracture
- OP-23: ED-Head CT or MRI Scan Results for Acute Ischemic Stroke or Hemorrhagic Stroke Patients who Received Head CT or MRI Scan Interpretation Within 45 minutes of Arrival
- OP-6: Timing of Antibiotic Prophylaxsis
- OP-7: Prophylactic Antibiotic Selection for Surgical Patients
- Imaging Efficiency
- OP-8: MRI Lumbar Spine for Low Back Pain
- OP-9: Mammography Follow-up Rates
- OP-10: Abdomen CT-Use of Contrast Material
- OP-11: Thorax CT-Use of Contrast Material
- OP-13: Cardiac Imaging for Preoperative Risk Assessment for Non Cardiac Low Risk Surgery
- OP-14: Simultaneous Use of Brain Computed Tomography (CT) and Sinus Computed Tomography (CT)
- OP-15: Use of Brain Computed Tomography (CT) in the Emergency Department for Atraumatic Headache Public Reporting Postponed †
- Web-Based Measures
- OP-12: The Ability for Providers with HIT to Receive Laboratory Data Electronically Directly into their Qualified/Certified EHR System as Discrete Searchable Data
- OP-17: Tracking Clinical Results Between Visits
- OP-25: Safe Surgery Checklist Use
- OP-26: Hospital Outpatient Volume Data on Selected Outpatient Surgical Procedures
- OP-27: Influenza Vaccination Coverage among Healthcare Personnel ††
- OP-29: Endoscopy/Polyp Surveillance: Appropriate Follow-up Interval for Normal Colonoscopy in Average Risk Patients
- OP-30: Endoscopy/Polyp Surveillance: Colonoscopy Interval for Patients with a History of Adenomatous Polyps - Avoidance of Inappropriate Use
- OP-31: Cataracts - Improvement in Patient's Visual Function within 90 days Following Cataract Surgery ^
* OP-19 has been removed; however, submission of a "non-blank" value is required through Q4 2013 encounters.
** OP-22 is a chart-abstracted measure reported via a web-based tool in the secure portion of QualityNet.
† OP-15 will not be publically reported on Hospital Compare and will not be used in the CY 2015 payment determination.
†† OP-27 will be reported to the National Safety Health network web site.
^ OP-31 implementation has been delayed until January 2015.
For more information on the chart-abstracted and web-based (structural) measures, please refer to Section 1 of the Hospital OQR Program Specifications Manual. Further information on the Imaging Efficiency Measures specifications is available at QualityNet - Imaging Measures.
Voluntary Reporting of Hospital OQR Program Data for Non-OPPS Hospitals
Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) and other non-OPPS hospitals may voluntarily submit data. The program provides a unique opportunity for hospitals to report outpatient quality data as a means to improve quality of care and performance. The registration for non-OPPS hospitals is the same as it is for OPPS hospitals. For more information on how to register, please visit QualityNet: How to participate.
Hospitals that decide to participate agree to the same reporting requirements as the OPPS hospitals.
More information on data reporting may be found at https://www.qualitynet.org/ under the Hospitals-Outpatient tab.
Upcoming deadlines associated with the Hospital OQR Program reporting:
|Data Submission Deadline||Encounter Quarter||Encounter Dates|
|Feb 1, 2014||Q3 2013||Jul - Sep 2013|
|May 1, 2014||Q4 2013||Oct - Dec 2013|
|Aug 1, 2014||Q1 2014||Jan - Mar 2014|
|Nov 1, 2014||Q2 2014||Apr - Jun 2014|
|Feb 1, 2015||Q3 2014||Jul - Sep 2014|
|May 1, 2015||Q4 2014||Oct - Dec 2014|
|Population and Sampling Due||Encounter Quarter||Encounter Dates|
|Feb 1, 2014*||Q3 2013||Jul - Sep 2013|
|May 1, 2014*||Q4 2013||Oct - Dec 2013|
|Aug 1, 2014*||Q1 2014||Jan - Mar 2014|
|Nov 1, 2014*||Q2 2014||Apr - Jun 2014|
|Feb 1, 2015*||Q3 2014||Jul - Sep 2014|
|May 1, 2015*||Q4 2014||Oct - Dec 2014|
|*Submission of Population and Sampling is voluntary for the quarter.|
|CDAC Record Request
|Encounter Quarter||Encounter Dates|
|Mar 2014||Q3 2013||Jul - Sep 2013|
|Jun 2014||Q4 2013||Oct - Dec 2013|
|Sep 2014||Q1 2014||Jan - Mar 2014|
|Dec 2015||Q2 2014||Apr - Jun 2014|
|March 2015||Q3 2014||Jul - Sep 2014|
|June 2015||Q4 2014||Oct - Dec 2014|
|OPPS Annual Payment Update*—Applicable Quarters|
|Calendar Year 2015|
|Data Submission||Q3 2013 & Q4 2013
Q1 2014 & Q2 2014
|Validation Results||Q2 2013, Q3 2013, & Q4 2013
|Calendar Year 2016|
|Data Submission||Q3 2014 & Q4 2014
Q1 2015 & Q2 2015
|Validation Results||Q2 2014, Q3 2014, & Q4 2014
|* See Reference Checklist for additional APU requirements.|
Please Note: Dates are subject to change. Please verify Population & Sampling and Data Submission Deadlines on the QualityNet website.
Other deadlines and dates to remember may be viewed here: Hospital OQR Program Important Dates