Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting Program
How to Participate
To participate in the Hospital OQR Program initiative, please visit https://www.qualitynet.org.
How to Withdraw
To withdraw from participation in the Hospital OQR Program initiative, please visit https://www.qualitynet.org.
The current measure sets and OP measure numbers are presented below, according to measure set (they are not in order according to measure number).†
- Acute Myocardial Infarction / Chest Pain
- OP-1: Median Time to Fibrinolysis
- OP-2: Fibrinolytic Therapy Received Within 30 Minutes
- OP-3: Median Time to Transfer to Another Facility for Acute Coronary Intervention
- OP-4: Aspirin at Arrival
- OP-5: Median Time to ECG
- ED - Throughput
- OP-18: Median Time from ED Arrival to ED Departure for Discharged ED Patients
- OP-19: Transition Record with Specified Elements Received by Discharged Patients Suspended*
- OP-20: Door to Diagnostic Evaluation by a Qualified Medical Professional
- OP-22: Left Without Being Seen
- Pain Management
- OP-21: ED-Median Time to Pain Management for Long Bone Fracture
- OP-23: ED-Head CT or MRI Scan Results for Acute Ischemic Stroke or Hemorrhagic Stroke Patients who Received Head CT or MRI Scan Interpretation Within 45 minutes of Arrival
- OP-6: Timing of Antibiotic Prophylaxsis
- OP-7: Prophylactic Antibiotic Selection for Surgical Patients
- Imaging Efficiency
- OP-8: MRI Lumbar Spine for Low Back Pain
- OP-9: Mammography Follow-up Rates
- OP-10: Abdomen CT-Use of Contrast Material
- OP-11: Thorax CT-Use of Contrast Material
- OP-13: Cardiac Imaging for Preoperative Risk Assessment for Non Cardiac Low Risk Surgery
- OP-14: Simultaneous Use of Brain Computed Tomography (CT) and Sinus Computed Tomography (CT)
- OP-15: Use of Brain Computed Tomography (CT) in the Emergency Department for Atraumatic Headache Postponed**
- Structural Measures
- OP-12: The Ability for Providers with HIT to Receive Laboratory Data Electronically Directly into their Qualified/Certified EHR System as Discrete Searchable Data
- OP-17: Tracking Clinical Results Between Visits
- OP-25: Safe Surgery Checklist Use
- OP-26: Hospital Outpatient Volume Data on Selected Outpatient Surgical Procedures
|Procedure Category||Corresponding HCPCS Codes|
|Gastrointestinal||49082, 49083, 43235, 43239, 43248, 43249, 45378, 45380, 45384, 45385, 49505, 47000, 47562, 43760, 43450, G0105, G0121|
|Eye||66982, 66984, 67028|
|Nervous System||62284, 62290, 62310, 62311, 62368, 64483, 64484, 64493, 64494, 64495, 64623, 64635, G0260|
|Musculoskeletal||29125, 29515, 29580, 29581, 64495, 64622, 64635, 29826, 29827, 29880, 29881, 20552, 20610, 26055, 28285, 64721|
|Skin||10022, 10060, 11040, 11041, 11042, 11043, 11100, 11721, 12001, 12002, 12011, 12013, 17000, 17003, 17110, 17311|
|Genitourinary||51701, 51702, 51798, 52000, 52332, 58558, 50590|
|Cardiovascular||36147, 36148, 36600, 36245, 36247, 36281, 33208, 33213, 33233, 33240, 33241, 36200, 36558, 36561, 36569, 36589, 92980, 92981, 92982, 92984, 35474, 35476, 37205|
|Other||36430, 19102, 19103, 19290, 19295, 19301|
For more information on the chart-abstracted and structural measures, please refer to Section 1 of the Hospital OQR Program Specifications Manual. Further information on the Imaging Efficiency Measures specifications is available at QualityNet-Imaging Measures.
†Measure OP-24: Cardiac Rehabilitation Patient Referral From an Outpatient Setting is omitted from this listing because data collection would begin on January 1, 2014, and its first application toward a payment determination will be for CY 2015, rather than CY2014.
*Suspended by CMS for CY 2014 and subsequent payment determinations until further notice.
**Information for this measure will not be reported in Hospital Compare in 2012. Public reporting for this measure would occur in July 2013 at the earliest.
Voluntary Reporting of Hospital OQR Program Data for Non-OPPS Hospitals
Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) and other non-OPPS hospitals may voluntarily submit data. The program provides a unique opportunity for hospitals to report outpatient quality data as a means to improve quality of care and performance. The registration for non-OPPS hospitals is the same as it is for OPPS hospitals. For more information on how to register, please visit QualityNet: How to participate.
Hospitals that decide to participate agree to the same reporting requirements as the OPPS hospitals.
More information on data reporting may be found at http://www.qualitynet.org/ under the Hospitals-Outpatient tab.
Upcoming deadlines associated with the Hospital OQR Program reporting:
|Hospital OQR Program Deadlines
for Chart Abstracted Data
|Encounter Quarter||Population and Sampling
|Q 2 2012||Nov 1, 2012 *||Nov 1, 2012|
|Q 3 2012||Feb 1, 2013 *||Feb 1, 2013|
|Q 4 2012||May 1, 2013 *||May 1, 2013|
|Q 1 2013||Aug 1, 2013 *||Aug 1, 2013|
|Q 2 2013||Nov 1, 2013 *||Nov 1, 2013|
|Q 3 2013||Feb 1, 2014 *||Feb 1, 2014|
|Q 4 2013||May 1, 2014 *||May 1, 2014|
* Submission of Population and Sampling data for these quarters is voluntary.
Please Note: Dates are subject to change - please verify Population & Sampling and Data Submission Deadline on the QualityNet website.
Other deadlines and dates to remember may be viewed here: Hospital OQR Program Important Dates