Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting Program
How to Participate
To participate in the Hospital OQR Program initiative, please visit https://www.qualitynet.org.
How to Withdraw
To withdraw from participation in the Hospital OQR Program initiative, please visit https://www.qualitynet.org.
The current measure sets and OP measure numbers are presented below, according to measure set (they are not in order according to measure number).
- Acute Myocardial Infarction / Chest Pain
- OP-1: Median Time to Fibrinolysis
- OP-2: Fibrinolytic Therapy Received Within 30 Minutes
- OP-3: Median Time to Transfer to Another Facility for Acute Coronary Intervention
- OP-4: Aspirin at Arrival
- OP-5: Median Time to ECG
- ED - Throughput
- OP-18: Median Time from ED Arrival to ED Departure for Discharged ED Patients
- OP-19: Transition Record with Specified Elements Received by Discharged Patients *
- OP-20: Door to Diagnostic Evaluation by a Qualified Medical Professional
- OP-22: Left Without Being Seen **
- Pain Management
- OP-21: ED-Median Time to Pain Management for Long Bone Fracture
- OP-23: ED-Head CT or MRI Scan Results for Acute Ischemic Stroke or Hemorrhagic Stroke Patients who Received Head CT or MRI Scan Interpretation Within 45 minutes of Arrival
- OP-6: Timing of Antibiotic Prophylaxsis
- OP-7: Prophylactic Antibiotic Selection for Surgical Patients
- Imaging Efficiency
- OP-8: MRI Lumbar Spine for Low Back Pain
- OP-9: Mammography Follow-up Rates
- OP-10: Abdomen CT-Use of Contrast Material
- OP-11: Thorax CT-Use of Contrast Material
- OP-13: Cardiac Imaging for Preoperative Risk Assessment for Non Cardiac Low Risk Surgery
- OP-14: Simultaneous Use of Brain Computed Tomography (CT) and Sinus Computed Tomography (CT)
- OP-15: Use of Brain Computed Tomography (CT) in the Emergency Department for Atraumatic Headache Public Reporting Postponed †
- Web-Based Measures
- OP-12: The Ability for Providers with HIT to Receive Laboratory Data Electronically Directly into their Qualified/Certified EHR System as Discrete Searchable Data
- OP-17: Tracking Clinical Results Between Visits
- OP-25: Safe Surgery Checklist Use
- OP-26: Hospital Outpatient Volume Data on Selected Outpatient Surgical Procedures
- OP-27: Influenza Vaccination Coverage among Healthcare Personnel ††
- OP-29: Endoscopy/Polyp Surveillance: Appropriate Follow-up Interval for Normal Colonoscopy in Average Risk Patients
- OP-30: Endoscopy/Polyp Surveillance: Colonoscopy Interval for Patients with a History of Adenomatous Polyps - Avoidance of Inappropriate Use
- OP-31: Cataracts - Improvement in Patient's Visual Function within 90 days Following Cataract Surgery
For more information on the chart-abstracted and structural measures, please refer to Section 1 of the Hospital OQR Program Specifications Manual. Further information on the Imaging Efficiency Measures specifications is available at QualityNet - Imaging Measures.
* OP-19 has been removed; however, submission of a "non-blank" value is required through Q4 2013 encounters.
** OP-22 is a chart-abstracted measure reported via a web-based tool in the secure portion of QualityNet.
† OP-15 will not be publically reported on Hospital Compare and will not be used in the CY 2015 payment determination.
†† OP-27 will be reported to the National Safety Health network web site.
Voluntary Reporting of Hospital OQR Program Data for Non-OPPS Hospitals
Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) and other non-OPPS hospitals may voluntarily submit data. The program provides a unique opportunity for hospitals to report outpatient quality data as a means to improve quality of care and performance. The registration for non-OPPS hospitals is the same as it is for OPPS hospitals. For more information on how to register, please visit QualityNet: How to participate.
Hospitals that decide to participate agree to the same reporting requirements as the OPPS hospitals.
More information on data reporting may be found at https://www.qualitynet.org/ under the Hospitals-Outpatient tab.
Upcoming deadlines associated with the Hospital OQR Program reporting:
|Data Submission Deadline||Encounter Quarter||Encounter Dates|
|Feb 1, 2014||Q3 2013||Jul - Sep 2013|
|May 1, 2014||Q4 2013||Oct - Dec 2013|
|Aug 1, 2014||Q1 2014||Jan - Mar 2014|
|Nov 1, 2014||Q2 2014||Apr - Jun 2014|
|Feb 1, 2015||Q3 2014||Jul - Sep 2014|
|May 1, 2015||Q4 2014||Oct - Dec 2014|
|Population and Sampling Due||Encounter Quarter||Encounter Dates|
|Feb 1, 2014*||Q3 2013||Jul - Sep 2013|
|May 1, 2014*||Q4 2013||Oct - Dec 2013|
|Aug 1, 2014*||Q1 2014||Jan - Mar 2014|
|Nov 1, 2014*||Q2 2014||Apr - Jun 2014|
|Feb 1, 2015*||Q3 2014||Jul - Sep 2014|
|May 1, 2015*||Q4 2014||Oct - Dec 2014|
|*Submission of Population and Sampling is voluntary for the quarter.|
|CDAC Record Request
|Encounter Quarter||Encounter Dates|
|Mar 2014||Q3 2013||Jul - Sep 2013|
|Jun 2014||Q4 2013||Oct - Dec 2013|
|Sep 2014||Q1 2014||Jan - Mar 2014|
|Dec 2015||Q2 2014||Apr - Jun 2014|
|March 2015||Q3 2014||Jul - Sep 2014|
|June 2015||Q4 2014||Oct - Dec 2014|
|OPPS Annual Payment Update*—Applicable Quarters|
|Calendar Year 2015|
|Data Submission||Q3 2013 & Q4 2013
Q1 2014 & Q2 2014
|Validation Results||Q2 2013, Q3 2013, & Q4 2013
|Calendar Year 2016|
|Data Submission||Q3 2014 & Q4 2014
Q1 2015 & Q2 2015
|Validation Results||Q2 2014, Q3 2014, & Q4 2014
|* See Reference Checklist for additional APU requirements.|
Please Note: Dates are subject to change. Please verify Population & Sampling and Data Submission Deadlines on the QualityNet website.
Other deadlines and dates to remember may be viewed here: Hospital OQR Program Important Dates